New London, MN 56273
Established as a post office in Arctander Township in 1879, Jericho grew, within twenty years, to a settlement of two general stores, (one of which contained the post office), the East Norway Lake Lutheran Church, a creamery, a feed mill, a blacksmith shop, a carpentry and wagon shop and a shoe shop. There were also house for the merchants and shopkeepers. Jericho stands today as a group of houses. This hamlet with its name from Old Testament is to be recorded as one of the landmarks in county history.
Where: This marker is located south of County Road 40 on County Road 101 one mile.