QUILT AUCTION 2023: JULY 21-22
Each year, hundreds of folks make the trip to Spicer to attend the Green Lake Lutheran Ministries Quilt Auction. Under a tent by Green Lake, bidders try to win one of the beautiful handmade quilts of all colors, stitchings, and sizes, donated from all over the world. A crowd of camp counselors show off the quilts, jumping up and down and singing joyfully. The air is filled with the scent of fresh doughnuts and pulled pork lunch. Tens of thousands of dollars are raised in an afternoon, supporting the ministry of GLLM. This event has created memories for so many staff alumni, camper families, neighbors, and donors over the years.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE QUILT AUCTION:
1: Buy a quilt or Silent Auction item online or in person!
2: Come to the Quilt Review on Friday, July 21 & Saturday, July 22. Join us for a meal and beachfront concert.
3: Order fresh doughnuts online or by phone for pick up at camp!
4: Make a donation! This can be done online here, over the phone by calling 320-796-2181 or by sending a check or cash to camp – GLLM, 9916 Lake Ave S, Spicer, MN 56288.
We accept donations of quilts, Silent Auction items, and cash. We can start accepting items May 30th and ask that all items be delivered to camp by July 11th, 2023. Please submit an item form and read the guidelines carefully. Any quilts received after July 11th may not be included in the booklet or listed online.
The quilts and Silent auction items will be available for viewing at Green Lake Bible Camp! Come see these beautiful works of art at Green Lake Bible Camp. Admission will be $3.00 per person. Meals will also be available for $9.00 each.
Friday, July 21 from 3-8 PM
– Admission will be $3.00 per person.
– Makers Market, 3:00-8:00 PM
– Hotdish Supper, 4:30-7:00 PM – $9.00 per person
– Beachfront Concert with The Root Beer Choir, 5:30-7:00 PM
– Fresh Doughnuts and Concessions
Saturday, July 22
– Quilt Review, 9:00-11:00 AM – $3.00 per person
– Makers Market, 9:00-11:00 AM
– Bounce House, 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM
– Pulled Pork Lunch, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM – $9.00 per person
– Live Auction Begins at 12:00 PM
– Silent Auction Closes at 4:00 PM
– Online Quilt Auction Closes at 5:00 PM
– Fresh Doughnuts and Concessions
– All quilts and Silent Auction items will be available online for bidding beginning July 16. We will be utilizing GiveSmart again in 2023.
- The live auction will begin at 12:00 PM on July 22!
– Feeling nervous about bidding online? No problem! Request a proxy bidder by contacting Kirsten at 320-796-2181 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
– Silent Auction items will be available for bidding online. They will be on display at camp, and we can help set up bidding online at camp! This will close at 4:00 PM on July 22.
– This year will include two groups of quilts to bid on. The first group will be auctioned off live with bidding in person; the second group will be auctioned off online only.
– The second group of quilts will close at 5:00 PM on July 22!
Visit the Makers Market at the Quilt Auction and find just what you need for your next project. Peruse the collection of tools, patterns, books, and materials for a wide variety of crafting areas. All items are new or very gently used and sold as is. Come get inspired for your next project!
Visit www.gllm.org/quilt-auction.html to learn more!