Covid-19 Travel Information
Our local restaurants, shops, hotels, campgrounds and attractions are open! They have taken measures to ensure your visit to the Willmar Lakes Area is a clean and safe one!
Most Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are the beaches open? Yes, but please continue to social distance and don’t visit crowded beaches. Do not gather in groups, even when outdoors. Learn more by clicking here.
- Are hotels open? Yes, all hotels in the Willmar Lakes Area are open. Their pools are open with a 50% capacity.
- What restaurants have indoor dining or outdoor seating? Please check out the Eat Local page as we continue to update restaurants on a daily basis. Reservations are required.
- Is Glacial Ridge Winery open? No, they are currently closed for the winter.
- Are the parks and playgrounds open? Yes, they are open. Please continue to social distance and wear masks. Learn more by clicking here.
- Is the BikeWillmar Bike Share open? Yes, the bikes are out at all bike hub locations until October 18th. Click here for more details.
- Are masks required at restaurants and attractions? Yes, as of July 25, 2020, Minnesota has implemented a state wide mask mandate. All individuals over the age of five, with no underlying conditions that would be exacerbated by wearing a mask, are required to mask up in any public space including but not limited to: shopping centers, restaurants, attractions, office space and any other indoor facilities or outdoor areas where social distancing is not able to be practiced.
We are eager to welcome you back to the Willmar Lakes Area!
We continue to monitor the ever-changing world surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact it is having on the Willmar Lakes Area tourism industry. We are following all of the Executive Orders and recommendations set forth by Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) throughout these unprecedented times. For more information and prevention tips on COVID-19 please utilize the following resources:
- City of Willmar
- Kandiyohi County Parks Update
- Kandiyohi County
- Explore Minnesota
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Helpful Information for Travelers
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Willmar Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
- Kandiyohi County & City of Willmar Economic Development Commission (EDC)