A Show You Don’t Want to Miss
By JoDee Haala
Nestled in central MN among Kandiyohi County’s 360 lakes, you will find some unassuming backwater of the Crow River. Here is home to the vibrant community of New London where almost every Friday night from June through August the Little Crow Water Ski Team performs in Neer Park.
New London is just a short 48 miles from St. Cloud and a mere 1 hour 45 minutes from downtown Minneapolis. Here you’ll find the perfect destination for a family getaway for kids of all ages. Skiers as young as 5 and in their 50’s, moms and daughters, dads and sons, cousins and friends that have become family all come together in a sport where they love showcasing some of the best show ski acts you’ll find in the Midwest region! From four tier human pyramids to a five-man helicopter jump, the smiles are endless, and you are sure to be thoroughly entertained.
Everything you need to know for an epic visit:
1. Tickets can be purchased online at littlecrow.com, or get them at the gate for $5.
2. The “main attraction” starts at 7:30 in June and July, and 7:00 in August. Get there early to claim your seat in the bleachers or bring a lawn chair or blanket and set up camp on the grassy hillside.
3. Let the Little Crow Ski Team (LCST) do the cooking for you, and hit up the team concession stand for a grilled burger or hotdog and popcorn while you watch the “B show” (up and coming skiers) in action.
4. No summer wardrobe is complete without some LCST gear! Drop by the pro-shop to support the team and find your favorite hat, T-shirt, or sweatshirt!
5. Enjoy all that the quaint town of New London has to offer! Come early to check out Sibley State Park or shop in the boutiques downtown. After the show, stop at Deep Freeze, a ski-team favorite, for the best ice cream around!
If you are lucky enough to be a resident in the Willmar Lakes Area and are looking for something fun to do in the summer – connect with the Little Crow Ski Team on their Facebook page “Little Crow Water Ski Team”. The team is always looking for skiers or water ski enthusiasts to join us on the water or getting involved at our Neer Park home!
Our Minnesota summers are cherished times, and the Little Crow Ski Team looks forward to being part of some of your best summer memories!
Fish our lakes
The possibilities are endless on our 30 recreational lakes…boating, swimming, fishing, water skiing, tubing, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boating, hydro biking, paddle boarding and so much more!
Explore our Trails
Surrounded by beautiful lakes and scenery…who wouldn’t take a hike or a leisurely bike ride to enjoy the view? With miles of trials to choose from, you can always find new places to explore.
Stay in the know
Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another fun adventure. We never share your information and you can unsubscribe at any time. It’s a great way to stay in the know and plan your next getaway or staycation.