The first business firm in Kandiyohi County, a sawmill managed by W. H. Clark, was established here in 1858. The town site of Fullerville was named after Randall Fuller, a partner in the sawmill venture who first came to the Eagle Lake area in 1857. The mill furnished lumber to the earliest settlers in the area, until it was sold and moved to Sauk Rapids in 1861. Although immigrants settled in the Eagle Lake area in later years; Fullerville became a “ghost town”.
Where: This marker is located north of Willmar on Business 23-71 on east side of east frontage road south of County Road 25.
Copyright © 2020 Willmar Lakes Area Convention & Visitors Bureau. All Rights Reserved.