Seven miles west of Willmar on State Highway 12 is the town of Pennock which was once a water stop for the railroad. Pennock was established and platted by the railroad in 1871 as St. Johns. The name was changed to Pennock in 1891 and was incorporated as a village in 1903. Not far from Pennock is the Guri Endreson cabin which is the original home of the Lars and Guri Endreson family, one of the first families to settle in the county.
Copyright © 2018 Willmar Lakes Area Convention & Visitors Bureau. All Rights Reserved.